The Hornshoppe Forum
June 26, 2017, 11:57:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: update after Hfest........  (Read 10262 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 11:52:39 AM »

Well guys, this is new and really crazy......I mentioned this to Helen yesterday but today it is even stranger.

Two things happened yesterday ......when  I went to lift Bunny on the stand I was worried that I might be too weak to lift her, 240 pounds. This was not the case, it was EASY...almost too easy, I obviously have done this many times and it is never ''easy'. But it was. Earlier I had picked up a 50  pound bag of dog food and thought it felt light. There is no doubt I am much stronger than before Hfest....and probably long before that.

Today I noticed my hands and fingers no longer ache...there is no pain at all and my fingers have not been this flexible in years. I have complete, ful motion in all joints! I can exert my full strength  gripping something, with no discomfort at all. I had when younger a very strong grip....as in easily hurt your hand strong....Many a "big guy" has found this out when they were trying to be "cute" in a handshake. Right now  my grip strength is crazy strong with zero pain. Until today and for years my hands hurt bad enough that I would not be able to punch someone without crippling myself. Not today, boys.

I have no idea what has changed or why.....I hope I am not going the way of a 2 stroke dirt bike, they always run best before the seize Sad

Ed
**** Well, just realized my foot no longer hurts.....WTF?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:55:55 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
donnie2

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »

Have you been bitten by a radioactive spider?  Huh
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »

Taking that medicine must be turning you into the Hulk. Are you turning greena as well?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »

Hell, at this point that makes as much sense as anything.....my Baker's Cysts on the back of my knees are also half the size they were and my knees feel normal....I am dumbfounded and have no explanation for any of it. I weighed 125 (normal is 135-140) the other day....132 right now.  I have been eating fruit, yogurt, bare toast, box chicken noodle soup, Glucern, drinking water and Gatorade and little else, actually nothing I can think of....and I am HUNGRY all the time it seems, that junk does not have near enough calories for me!

Capt., only medicine is Prilosec ! Can't be that!

Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »

Ha ha Ed, I know.

Of course I could have said not drinking any beer is playing with your mind and all these things you are experiencing are just illusions.

(How about that???)  Grin Grin Grin
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »

Capt., and that too would make as much sense as anything I can think of!

I will say just sitting here "relaxing" is KILLING ME!!!!!!! I have to much to do and the weather is fantastic....but my buddy said "do nothing, relax, sit around, no riding" and so that is exactly what I have been doing.....did I mention it is KILLING ME to do this?

When I stopped drinking for two years nothing changed.....my hands still hurt, my foot hurt, limited movement in my finger joints.......NOTHING got "better"....I just lost weight until I hit 125 and started drinking again! This is CRAZY!

And here we go again.....as I wrote this I scratched my neck and realized I could not feel my lymph nodes! They have been visible for as long as I remember and I remember asking a nurse about them in '85 when I was in the hospital for the snake bite about them. She said they were probably "normal" and I'm just skinny...or something like that. Well, now my neck looks "normal" and I can barely feel them.

Sidney said "you are not a Time Lord dad, and besides you'd have to die to rejuvenate". As far as I know I did not die.....

Ed
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:02:53 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »

Hmmmmmmm?HuhHuhHuh

It must be a MIRACLE.

Someone must have spoken to 'the guy upstairs' on your behalf. 
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 02:36:42 PM »

Capt., I know you  meant that sincerely and was not making a joke and  with complete sincerity and I know you believe me, I was thinking the same thing a few minutes ago. And I thanked Him, regardless of outcome.......
 I really have no other explanation for this stuff.....sure my guts are still a little off but they should be for quite a while.

Did I mention just sitting on the couch sucks? Even when watching MotoGP.
Ed
steve f
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »

It's pretty hard to sit on the couch when life beckons. you have stuff to build, bikes to ride, a kid to raise. The list goes on. just please be careful. And eat what the good Dr recommends. Diet has so much to do with our general health.

If you keep feeling better, Donnie will only have to kick a pigeon, in Milwaukee.
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »

Morning Ed;

I know that you know that I do work for 'the guy upstairs'. And during my work I have seen many miracles, from the wee small once to the big stuff, like complete healing from cancer - without any medical treatment or surgery.

While sitting on the couch you can finish off updating your website.

I'll keep talking to 'the guys upstairs' some more for you.  Wink
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 09:27:58 PM »

Hi Ed,
Sorry I missed this thread, I didn't know you where hurting. It seemed to me that you were doing good at Fest. I saw you eat food and everything.

But no lie, stress, NSAID's, some beer and perhaps, not the most Homeopathic diet on this green earth Wink.

So, whatever you are doing seems to be working.

If you can't ride, walk, take one or two of the dogs and wander. start slow and work to a couple of miles. Do it.

i have been were you are. Last time I busted up my shoulder blade, I was taking 800mg of IBpf a day. The stuff works great but drills holes in your gut after a wile.

Seriously, go for the walks...John       

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »

Ed,

Whatever you do, please try to stay healthy ..... at least until you get my speakers refinished .....  Grin

But, seriously, I am checking out a few different stains on the veneer samples you gave me and will let you know as soon as I figure out what floats my boat.

There is no hurry on this, though, because the plan is still to have Buzz bring the speakers with him when he makes a road trip to Caintuck.
Not sure just when that will be, but I think we have a while before it happens.

Get well, stay well and tell the family I said "Hi" .....  Smiley

Randy

Rega Saturn-R transport
Camelot Uther DAC with Anagram upgrade
La Dolce Audio UA1.5 pentode amplifier
Decware SE84UFO, the Spud, Flea Watt amplifiers
Caintuck Audio Betsy open baffle speakers
Caintuck Audio Alpha open baffle subs
johnnycopy

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 08:07:19 PM »

Ed,

Keep us posted, really hope the good health news continues. Too often we hear the start of health problems via the forums, and it is so good to hear the opposite.

Take care.

John
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better each day. Today was a week since the 2nd episode. It's still a little scary since I did not go to the doctor or hospital. The bland diet and Prilosec seem to be working. If "it" happens again I will go to hospital. At this point my plan is to heal for a few weeks and if I still feel good I'll go for some blood work. If I do not continue to improve and get back to normal, I'll go sooner. Considering the amount of Ibuprofen and aspirin I took prior to HFest trying to get the inflammation out my leg, the stress, the alcohol, poor eating.....ulcer sounds just about right. I was taking 400mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day,,,,and I ran out of Zantac the last several days. That did not help either.

I've got stuff to do but the weather has been bad and I'd not have gotten a lot done even if I did feel good. I'm now waiting on my Doc. buddy to give me the ok to actually work. This time when he said "stay on the couch and do nothing" I listened! I hope it is soon......but it's supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe I'll go easy one more day. 

Man, I"m hungry.....
Ed
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »

Well, all seems well again. The diet and Nexium seem to be working. Still no alcohol, caffeine or any "good" food.....I'm not about to eat or drink anything that might cause a problem....

Things are back to "normal"......building stuff and Hell, I might even get around to refinishing Randy's speakers soon!
Ed
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: