The Hornshoppe Forum
October 15, 2018, 06:11:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horn vs. Heiled Horn?  (Read 17948 times)
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »

Hey fellas, to clarify: my room and probably every room benefits from room treatments in the corners and sides. I don't meant to say the Heils need room treatments. I now think every room needs room treatments whether you have Bose, Ronco, Emerson, Costco or whatever speakers Shocked. It's the room that needs the treatment, not the speakers. And I mean fiberglass panels, not magic rocks or gold thimbles!  Cheesy

So, due to the way the speaker interacts with the room, I think the Heils benefit more from treatments. Maybe that's splitting hairs.  Roll Eyes It would probably make more sense with wine...

Yeah Steve, I have some panels behind the Horned Heils and have experimented with pillows behind the rear of the Heil. The pillows seem to work but my favorite are panels on the wall behind (just don't have enough panels to go around). It seems to take down the back wave just enough to add ambience without muffling. Just my two cents. I'm too dumb and cheap to measure. Y'all are free to come over and we can play around with the treatments.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:14:14 PM by Cheerwino » Logged
donnie2

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »

Damn, that changes everything.
For sale. 15,000,000 gold plated thumbtacks  Angry
I guess they aren't magic afterall.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:50:00 AM by donnie2 » Logged
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »

Damn, that changes everything.
For sale. 15,000,000 gold plated thumbtacks  Angry
I guess they aren't magic afterall.

Those only work if you place them point up in your listening seat.

P.S. The platinum ones are better.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: