The Hornshoppe Forum
May 28, 2018, 03:01:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GHH came yesterday. Today I dropped a Heil driver :(  (Read 2988 times)
saxguy

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »

Well, this pretty much sums it up:

I'm not happy right now.
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 06:18:40 AM »

Oh man. I am so sorry. That just suxs!  Sad
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 06:24:04 AM »

Since the magnets don't appear to have come apart, I wonder if ESS can fix it for you with a new frame?

I'm so worried about our cats leaping up on mine and knocking the speaker over. When you feel like talking about it, would you mind telling us how it happened as a cautionary tale for the rest of us?
steve f
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:51:21 PM »

Wow, that is a bummer, big time. Save the diaphragm. There has got to be a way to secure them better.
saxguy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »

I was hooking up the crossover and my shoulder bumped the speaker.  Nothing too hard, but the speakrrs are sitting on the carpet (I have bases coming).  It simply fell and hit the wall, then the floor.  I'm going to mass load the cabinet to add some stability. 

Right now I'm running the speakers as standard horns.

2wo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:15 PM »

Oh, that sucks. I have cats as well. I have the Horns filled with lead and the Heil's stuck down with a little blue tac. Makes me feel better...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: