The Hornshoppe Forum
November 11, 2019, 05:53:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: crazy audio thing......  (Read 279 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: October 19, 2019, 08:42:36 PM »

I am sure many or most of you have seen this. I had. I listened to it again tonight. I CLEARLY hear "yanny", just like last time. I had read something about hearing loss and what it sounds like. So I listened to it over and over...yanny, clear and distinct. Then it hit me...I have good hf hearing so I covered my ears and Holy Shit......it CLEARLY becomes "laurel". If I cup my hands over my ears it is laurel and as I move them away it becomes yanny.....the transition is like flipping a switch and the distance it takes to change it for me is like 1/4 to 1/2". I am sure the explanation at the end of the article is incorrect and to test/prove my theory I woke Helen up (yea, she was thrilled). She has documented hearing loss in the voice range but most in the HF. She hears "laurel" and nothing she could do allows her to hear yanny. Check it out guys, I suspect if you have good hearing it will be yanny and if so cover your ears and I bet you'll be as shocked as I was.
Ed
https://wtop.com/funny-weird-news/2018/05/latest-internet-debate-yanny-laurel/  
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 06:22:13 AM »

Hey Ed, I heard it as you did.  I know my hf hearing isn't the best, but it's good enough for that distinction. 
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:00:18 AM »

All I hear is "yarrie" at all locations and volume levels.  No "yanny" anywhere.  However, when I covered my ears with hands, I heard "laurel".  I guess this mean my hearing is OK.   Huh
Eric Brodersen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 03:40:33 PM »

Just wondering....What was the first thing you heard after you woke Helen up?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »

Sonic, go get checked..you should not hear "yarrie".....to me it is "yanny" and not a hint of "yarrie" and when I limit my HF it becomes "laurel" plain as day. Helen hears "laurel" plain as day and nothing allows her to hear "yanny". She has documented hearing loss.

Eric, seriously? I mean, really? What the Hell do you think she said? Smiley "God dammit, Eddie, what the fuck is wrong with you? I was dead asleep."  True. Eric, I sent you mail, I have the remote, call me.
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 07:41:41 PM »

Last week it was Yanny. Today it’s Laurel.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 07:28:31 AM »

Next week, it may be Hardy.   Grin
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »

Okay Ed, it was yaurel for a day, then back to yanny. I must be on the edge.
steve
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »

Okay Ed, it was yaurel for a day, then back to yanny. I must be on the edge.
steve

Or it could just be congestion causing some pressure (back-loaded ear drums).  Wink
Eric Brodersen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 02:15:16 PM »

Please don’t wake Helen up to tell her but I hear Yanni! When I cover my ears, I hear Laurel. When I stick my fingers in my ears I hear nothing. Crazy!
Eric
tooppy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Today at 03:11:31 PM »

Laurel all the way.....in fact its is more " lorall "
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: