The Hornshoppe Forum
October 17, 2019, 05:35:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helen taking cwp with 95 year old pistol  (Read 222 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: August 26, 2019, 08:40:14 PM »

This weekend Helen and Sid will take the CWP class. I just realized how special their guns are.  Sidney will shoot her single action Ruger Bearcat that Mac gave her when she was about 11. His Dad  bought it for him when he was a kid. It's special.

The pistol Helen will qualify with is very special in a different way. It belonged to my Grandmothers 3rd husband and was given to me when he died. It is a Colt "pre Woodsman" first generation Target Model. It was made in 1923, before the name "Woodsman" was put on the pistol. It is very accurate and so smooth it is crazy. It is 95 years old or so and has every original part in it. Nothing has ever been replaced in it. It has never malfunctioned a single time in the 10 years or so I've had it. The fit and finish are just unbelievable. The slide feels like it is running on ball bearings. They really don't make them like this anymore.

I'll never sell it and my guess is that it will shoot just as good in another 95 years as it does now. Maybe it will need a spring or two by then.

They should have no problem qualifying with ancient guns. Smiley
Ed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Woodsman

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: