The Hornshoppe Forum
December 08, 2019, 12:24:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KACS Mark 4:20 i new speaker  (Read 743 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: August 18, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »

Well, I've been thinking about it for a long time and finally just built the damn thing. It uses the "modern reproduction" of the famous "phenolic ring tweeter". I'm not sure I ever heard a BAD speaker that used it and I certainly heard  lot of good ones that used it.  

This is the same bass/midrange  section I am using with the Heils. Obviously the xover is different but not a lot. It is using a first order series for now.

The thing is smooth and sounds stupid good. It is also dirt cheap to build and can be "upgraded" by adding the Heils and xover. If there is a problem it is that it so damn cheap and so damn good I'm not sure adding Heils will be a burning desire.

It is............Kick Ass Cheap Speaker Mark 4:20 i

Ed
ps .....must be logged in to see image but if anyone can fix that and make it visible to everyone I'd appreciate it! Smiley There is sealing compound oozing out the front and drivers.......it ain't pretty! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:22:07 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
TEA FOR ONE

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:47:31 PM »

Hi Ed,
   Is it rear ported,or sealed?

Ray
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »

Hi Ray. it is sealed. May become an aperiodic at some point but for now I'm just playing them. Best damn 80 dollar speaker I ever built. Smiley
Ed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: