The Hornshoppe Forum
July 27, 2017, 01:26:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: So, is it too soon to plan for Hornfest?  (Read 7342 times)
2wo

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »

Just as long as no one try's to put ketchup on hotdogs or anything...John   

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »

Great idea... I assume it's going to be the first weekend in May (May 4, 5, 6, 2012), right Ed?   Smiley

Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »

Current Weather: Leesville Weather at a Glance
Weather Station
Gilbert Elementary School, Gilbert

Partly Cloudy
Temperature
72.9 °F
Feels Like 77 °F

Screw May, can we start now?
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »

<Screw May, can we start now?>

Gentlemen, start your engines.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »

Well, it was said "if you build it they will come" in a movie. In real life it will be "if you guys are coming we'll do it"!

The 4th, 5th and 6th is right I guess. Of course we'll be ready Thurs. if anyone shows up Smiley

I think Mike is getting (more, already have about 750) bottle rockets.

The Horned Heils will be playing........as always, bring anything you want! I'd really love to have a pair of those "magic" non horns that can go to 30hz with a tiny driver, you know the one, "the world's smallest horn" Smiley  Might be fun to either substantiate those ridiculous claims or lay them to rest once and for all. The RTA, SPL meter (both analog and digital) and warble tones are waiting Smiley I'd really like to see them make a 30hz sine wave or warble tone at 93dB and then hit "play" on "Enter Sandman" at that volume setting and watch those cones jump across the room Smiley Some might say "that is mean spirited" and that I'm "trashing a competitor". Not hardly, I did not make the insane claims and how is questioning them and or validating them "mean spirited". And for the record, I never said that the things might not sound good.....but they certainly can not perform as claimed. And if they can, it will be at a "background level" and never at anything approaching a "live" level with anything but "little girls and guitars".

The Great Horned Heils will make them sound like a 2 dollar transistor radio with any music Wink

Damn, I got carried away Smiley

Ed

homey

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »

I may ride out to the fest this year.  I do not fly anymore...If I did I would be at every Hornfest.  that's right, No TSA patdown & interogation for this boy, not ever.
It's a bunch of miles for sure,  west coast to east coast,  I almost made It last year but my bike was in pieces all winter & I didn't get Her back together
in time.  also, my work scheduling could screw me up (construction)... well see.   
  I still have never experienced that D.L. GM70 amp yet,  & i would really like
to listen to some metallica via those great horned heils,  "crammed"  into the corners.

by the way......It's not just the over the top security bullcrap at the airports that keeps me from flying,  but a horrible airport/airplane experience
several years ago that put new meaning to the words...WTF.   
steve f
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »

Homey,

Come on flying is fun.  Last time I flew to Hornfest the TSA freaked out over the tubed phono preamp in my luggage.  Then on the return flight we made an emergency landing. What more could you ask for?   Cool

Ed,

I don't suppose the other guy would send a loaner pair down for the Fest? A shootout, yeah right.   Wink

Steve
steve f
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »

Here is a real bummer.  Last year my buddy Curtis and I were going to ride our bikes to Hornfest.  I couldn't go.  We just talked about doing it this year. (Curtis went with me to a Zenfest two years ago, so he was ready to crank it up several notches.) I just found out that he passed this morning from a heart attack. I was going to call him today to discuss plans for the trip.  Life is way too fragile and precious to waste.  Play music. Talk to your family & friends. Have a cold brew. Ride your bike. And thank the guy upstairs for the day.   Sad

steve
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:19:21 PM »

Steve, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. While I did not know him I will have a cold one for him.
Ed
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 06:17:59 AM »

Cry Steve,

"Bummer" just about describes the misery.
Every day there are more and more bastards but fewer and fewer good guys.
Let´s hope some day all of us will meet again at the great race track in the sky.

Pit
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »

And if they can, it will be at a "background level" and never at anything approaching a "live" level with anything but "little girls and guitars".

Ed

Careful, Ed ......

In case you have forgotten, "little girls and guitars" is some of my favorite music .....  Wink

See you in May,

Randy

Steve,

So sorry to hear about the death of your friend .....  Sad

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:19:57 AM by Randy in Caintuck » Logged

Rega Saturn-R transport
Camelot Uther DAC with Anagram upgrade
La Dolce Audio UA1.5 pentode amplifier
Decware SE84UFO, the Spud, Flea Watt amplifiers
Caintuck Audio Betsy open baffle speakers
Caintuck Audio Alpha open baffle subs
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 08:23:45 AM »

Hi guys, you need to have a web cast at the next Hornfest, so I can be there as well.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 04:29:05 PM »

Hi guys, you need to have a web cast at the next Hornfest, so I can be there as well.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You'll be having more fun than I will, Capt. I just checked the dates, and I'll be working that weekend... again. Not even web cast of the festivities for me.

Sheesh, a guy could start to develop a complex.
numa
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »

I'll be there!  With the outdoor system, slackline(s), and wood for smoker...  Outdoor system is now lower power, and COMPLETELY off the grid, but with more 'Rock'. 
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »

Dieter, just log into Leesville PD for newest info, they will know.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: